Additional terms and policies
The following agreement captures the terms and conditions of use ("Agreement"), applicable to Your use of www.buidlingsquad.in ("Web Site") & app which promotes business between suppliers and buyers and also local public with aim to help their life get easier globally.
In addition, when using certain components of the Services, you will be subject to any additional terms and policies applicable to such Services that may be posted on the Services from time to time, including, without limitation:
- If you are a contractor, labor, builder, equipment owner, material vendor or any terms related to construction then you have to register on Building Squad.
All such terms are hereby incorporated by reference into these "Terms of Service".
By using BuildingSquad.in, you are providing us “written instructions” to procure a safety check on you to determine your eligibility for membership in the Building Squad community. This safety check will include a search for criminal records that may be linked to you. All safety checks will be produced in accordance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act and applicable state laws.
THIS TERMS OF SERVICE CONTAINS AN ARBITRATION AGREEMENT, WHICH WILL, WITH LIMITED EXCEPTION, REQUIRE YOU TO SUBMIT CLAIMS YOU HAVE AGAINST US TO BINDING AND FINAL ARBITRATION. UNDER THE ARBITRATION AGREEMENT, (1) YOU WILL ONLY BE PERMITTED TO PURSUE CLAIMS AGAINST BUILDINGSQUAD ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS, NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION OR PROCEEDING, AND (2) YOU WILL ONLY BE PERMITTED TO SEEK RELIEF (INCLUDING MONETARY, INJUNCTIVE, AND DECLARATORY RELIEF) ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS.
A “user” is someone who accesses, browses, crawls, scrapes, or in any way uses any of the Services, including property owners, contractors and other users. The terms “you” and “your” refer to you, as a user of the Services. The terms “we”, “us”, “our”, and “BuildingSquad” refer to BuildingSquad.in
“Content” refers to text, images, photos, audio, video, and all other forms of data or communication. “Your Content” or “User Content” refers to Content that you submit or transmit to or through the Services, such as ratings, reviews, and information that you display as part of your account profile. “BuildingSquad Content” means Content that we create and make available on the Services.
“Third Party Content” means Content that we have the right to display on the Services that is not BuildingSquad Content or User Content, and includes Content of other users.
“Services Content” collectively refers to all of the Content that is made available on the Services, including User Content, Third Party Content and BuildingSquad Content.
Changes to the Terms of Service
We may modify the Terms of Service from time to time. When changes are made, we will notify you by making the revised version available on this page. Any such changes will become effective no earlier than fourteen (14) days after they are posted, except that changes addressing new functions of the Services or changes made for legal reasons will be effective immediately. You should revisit these Terms of Service on a regular basis as revised versions will be binding on you. Your continued use of the Service after the date any such changes become effective constitutes your acceptance of the new Terms of Service.
User Accounts and Services Usage
- You need to create an account and provide information about yourself in order to use some of the features on the Services. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account password. You are also responsible for all activities that occur in connection with your account. We reserve the right to close your account at any time for any or no reason. You must be 18 years of age or older to register for or otherwise use the Services.
- A “Personal Account” is an account for your personal, non-commercial use only. In creating a Personal Account, we ask that you provide complete and accurate information about yourself. You may not impersonate someone else, create an account for anyone other than yourself, or provide an email address other than your own.
- A “Business Account” is an account to be used solely for the purpose of representing your business on the Services. In creating or updating a Business Account, you must be an authorized representative of the business in question, and you must provide complete and accurate information about yourself and the business you represent.
- In accessing or using the Services, you may be exposed to Content that is offensive or inappropriate. Building Squad does not endorse such Content, and cannot vouch for its accuracy. You therefore access and use the Services at your own risk.
- You are responsible for the content and accuracy of all information submitted by you to Building Squad. User Content does not represent the advice, views, opinions or beliefs of Building Squad and Building Squad makes no claim of accuracy of any User Content.
- Building Squad allows for the posting of links to third-party Web sites. The linked Web sites’ content, business practice and privacy policies are not under the control of Building Squad, and Building Squad is not responsible for the content of any linked Web site or any link contained in a linked Web site. In accessing Building Squad or following links to third-party Web sites you may be exposed to content you find offensive. You agree that your only recourse is to stop using Building Squad.
- At any time, Building Squad reserves the right (i) to reject or edit Your Content, and (ii) to remove Your Content from its Web site at our sole discretion.
- You agree to use Building Squad for its intended purpose and not for any illicit purposes including, but not limited to, the reverse engineering of the site or duplication of Services Content and/or its processes and the inclusion of such processes or services in a derivative service.
- You acknowledge that Building Squad may establish general practices and limits concerning use of the Services, including without limitation the maximum period of time that Content will be retained. You agree that Building Squad has no responsibility or liability for the deletion or failure to store any Content. You acknowledge that Building Squad reserves the right to terminate accounts that are inactive for an extended period of time. You further acknowledge that Building Squad reserves the right to change these general practices and limits at any time, in its sole discretion, with or without notice.
Suspension or Termination
Building Squad may terminate or suspend your account or ability to use the Services, in whole or in part, at our sole discretion, for any or no reason, and without notice or liability of any kind. For example, we may terminate or suspend your account or ability to use the Services if you misuse the Services. Any such termination or suspension could prevent you from accessing your account, the Services, Your Content, Services Content, or any other related information.
- By posting Content, you are granting permission to Building Squad to access it in a number of different ways, including displaying it on the Services, promoting it, distributing it, and other activities. As such, you hereby irrevocably grant Building Squad a royalty free, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, nonexclusive, transferable, and sublicensable (through multiple tiers) license to use, reproduce, copy, adapt, modify, merge, distribute, publicly display, create derivative works from and otherwise fully exploit Your Content for any purpose. You also irrevocably grant the Services’ users and the users of any of our third party partners (“Other Media”) the right to access Your Content in connection with their use of the Services and any Other Media. Finally, you irrevocably waive, and cause to be waived, any claims and assertions of moral rights or attribution with respect to Your Content.
You also agree that:
- your name may be made available to the public or the business you are reviewing;
- you represent that you have all legal rights necessary for the Content submitted by you to be utilized pursuant to the foregoing license, including that each person identified, depicted, or shown in Your Content (and if a minor, the parent or guardian of the minor), if any, has provided consent to the use of Your Content pursuant to the foregoing license;
- all of your reviews and ratings will be based upon your actual first-hand experiences with the business you are reviewing;
- all of your reviews and ratings of the businesses that you are rating or reviewing will be accurate, honest, truthful, and complete in all respects;
- you do not work for, own any interest in or serve on the board of directors of any of the businesses for which you submit reviews and ratings;
- you are not in any way related (by blood, adoption or marriage or otherwise) to any of the businesses (or individuals who operate the businesses) for which you submit reviews or ratings;
- you have not received any form of compensation to post reviews and ratings; and
- you will not submit reviews with hyperlinks.
- You alone are responsible for Your Content. You assume all risks associated with Your Content, including anyone’s reliance on its accuracy, completeness or usefulness, or any disclosure by you of information in Your Content that makes you personally identifiable.
- You may expose yourself to liability if, for example, Your Content violates any third-party right, including any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret; contains material that is false, intentionally misleading, obscene, defamatory, or otherwise objectionable; contains material that is unlawful, including illegal hate speech or pornography; exploits or otherwise harms minors; or violates or advocates the violation of any law or regulation or any of your contractual or fiduciary obligations.
You also agree that you will not use the Services in prohibited manners, including but not limited to the following:
- Interfering with or disrupting the Services or preventing, restricting, or inhibiting the use or enjoyment of the Services by others;
- Impersonating any person or entity, or falsely stating or otherwise misrepresenting your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Harvesting, scraping, or collecting Building Squad Content or Third Party Content without expressing written authorization to do so;
- Attempting to bypass or break any security mechanism on any of the Services;
- Transmitting any material, information, or Content that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms or any other malicious, harmful, or deleterious programs or code or using the Services in any other manner that poses a security or service risk to building Squad, to any user of the Services, or to any other third parties;
- Testing or reverse-engineering the Services in order to find limitations, vulnerabilities or evade security;
- Using the Services in any manner that violates the Terms of Service, any requirements building Squad has communicated to you, or any applicable third party policies;
- Interfering with or disrupting networks connected to the Services or violation the regulation, policies or procedures of such networks;
- Transmitting to building Squad or using the Services to store personally identifiable information not needed by building Squad to deliver the Services;
- Creating an account for purposes of competitive evaluation or research;
- Or revealing your account password to others or allowing others to use your account.
This list of prohibited uses is provided by way of example and should not be considered exhaustive. All determinations related to violations of this provision will be made by Building Squad in its sole discretion.
- We may remove or reinstate User Content from time to time at our sole discretion. For example, we may remove a review if we believe it violates our content guidelines. We have no obligation to retain or provide you with copies of Your Content, nor do we guarantee any confidentiality with respect to Your Content.
- BuildingSquad and its licensees may display advertisements and other information adjacent to or included with Your Content on the Services and Other Media. You are not entitled to any compensation for such advertisements. The manner, mode and extent of such advertising are subject to change without specific notice to you.
- You acknowledge and agree that BuildingSquad may preserve Content and may also disclose Content if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with legal process, applicable laws or government requests; (b) enforce these Terms of Service; (c) respond to claims that any Content violates the rights of third parties; or (d) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of BuildingSquad, its users or the public. You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the Services, including your Content, may involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
Third Party Content
BuildingSquad does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity, quality or appropriateness of any Content transmitted to or through the Services. With respect to reviews and ratings, you acknowledge that BuildingSquad simply acts as a passive conduit for the publication and distribution of such user-generated Content. You understand that all Content posted on, transmitted through or linked through the Services are the sole responsibility of the person from whom such Content originated. By using the Services, you may be exposed to Content that is inaccurate, misleading or offensive. You agree that you must evaluate and make your own judgment, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any Content.
Under no circumstances will BuildingSquad be liable in any way for any Third Party Content, or for any errors or omissions in any Content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content. You acknowledge that BuildingSquad has no obligation to pre-screen Content, but that BuildingSquad and its designees will have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse or remove any Content that is available via the Services. Without limiting the foregoing, BuildingSquad and its designees will have the right to remove any Content that violates these Terms of Service or is deemed by BuildingSquad, in its sole discretion, to be otherwise objectionable. You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any Content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such Content.
BuildingSquad respects the intellectual property of others, and we ask our users to do the same. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or that your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, you should notify BuildingSquad of your infringement claim in accordance with the procedure set forth below.
BuildingSquad will process and investigate notices of alleged infringement and will take appropriate actions under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) and other applicable intellectual property laws with respect to any alleged or actual infringement. A notification of claimed copyright infringement should be emailed to BuildingSquad’s Copyright Agent at firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject line: “DMCA Takedown Request”).
To be effective, the notification must be in writing and contain the following information:
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest;
- a description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
- a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Service, with enough detail that we may find it on the Service;
- your address, telephone number, and email address;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright or intellectual property owner, its agent, or the law;
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner’s behalf.
If you believe that your User Content that was removed (or to which access was disabled) is not infringing, or that you have the authorization from the copyright owner, the copyright owner’s agent, or pursuant to the law, to upload and use the content in your User Content, you may send a written counter-notice containing the following information to the Copyright Agent:
- your physical or electronic signature;
- identification of the content that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the content appeared before it was removed or disabled;
- a statement that you have a good faith belief that the content was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the content; and
- your name, address, telephone number, and email address, a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal court located within the State of California and a statement that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement.
If a counter-notice is received by the Copyright Agent, BuildingSquad will send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing that person that it may replace the removed content or cease disabling it in 10 business days. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the content provider, member or user, the removed content may be replaced, or access to it restored, in 10 to 14 business days or more after receipt of the counter-notice, at our sole discretion.
Repeat Infringer Policy
In accordance with the DMCA and other applicable law, BuildingSquad has adopted a policy of terminating, in appropriate circumstances and at BuildingSquad's sole discretion, users who are deemed to be repeat infringers. BuildingSquad may also at its sole discretion limit access to the Service and/or terminate the memberships of any users who infringe any intellectual property rights of others, whether or not there is any repeat infringement.
We own BuildingSquad Content including but not limited to visual interfaces, design, code, use review ratings and all other elements and components of the Services excluding User Content and Third Party Content. We also own the copyrights, trademarks, service marks, trade names, and other intellectual and proprietary rights throughout the world (the “IP Rights”) associated with the BuildingSquad Content and the Services.
You shall pay all fees or charges to your account in accordance with the fees, charges, and billing terms in effect at the time a fee or charge is due and payable. All payment obligations are noncancelable and all amounts paid are nonrefundable. You must provide Building Squad with valid credit card information to use the Service. BuildingSquad reserves the right to modify its fees and charges and to introduce new charges at any time.
Payment, Refunds, Upgrading and Downgrading Terms
- A valid credit card is required for paying accounts. Free accounts are not required to provide a credit card number.
- If you sign up for a paid account, you will be billed monthly starting on the day your subscription is initially created.
- The Service is billed in advance on a monthly basis and is non-refundable. There will be no refunds or credits for partial months of service, upgrade/downgrade refunds, or refunds for months unused with an open account. In order to treat everyone equally, no exceptions will be made.
- All fees are exclusive of all taxes, levies, or duties imposed by taxing authorities, and you shall be responsible for payment of all such taxes, levies, or duties.
- Downgrading your Service may cause the loss of Content, features, or capacity of your Account. BuildingSquad does not accept any liability for such loss.
Cancellation and Termination; Modification of Services
- You are solely responsible for properly canceling your account by sending your request, in writing, to a BuildingSquad representative.
- If you cancel the Service before the end of your current paid up month, your cancellation will take effect immediately and you will not be charged again.
- BuildingSquad, in its sole discretion, has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Service, or any other BuildingSquad service, for any reason at any time. Such termination of the Service will result in the deactivation or deletion of your Account or your access to your Account, and the forfeiture and relinquishment of all Content in your Account. BuildingSquad reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
- BuildingSquad reserves the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Services (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that BuildingSquad will not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of any of the Services.
Warranties; Limitation of Liability
- THE SERVICES AND ALL SERVICES CONTENT ARE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU ON AN "AS IS" BASIS. BUILDINGSQUAD MAKES NO WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS, OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS, STATUTORY OR IMPLIED, AS TO (1) THE OPERATION AND FUNCTIONALITY OF THE SERVICES, (2) THE ACCURACY, INTEGRITY, COMPLETENESS, QUALITY, LEGALITY, USEFULNESS, SAFETY, AND IP RIGHTS OF ANY OF THE SERVICES CONTENT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE ACCURACY OF BUSINESS REVIEWS AND BUSINESS INFORMATION LISTED ON THE SERVICES, AND (3) THE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES ASSOCIATED WITH THE SERVICES OR SERVICES CONTENT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES SOLD BY BUSINESSES LISTED ON THE SERVICES. BUILDINGSQUAD FURTHER DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS, STATUTORY, OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, MERCHANTABLE QUALITY, DURABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, THAT YOU OBTAIN FROM BUILDINGSQUAD OR THE SERVICES SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, OR CONDITION NOT EXPRESSLY STATED HEREIN.
- BUILDINGSQUAD DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY (A) INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, RELIANCE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, (B) LOSS OF PROFITS, (C) BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, (D) LOSS OF OR DAMAGE TO REPUTATION OF BUILDINGSQUAD OR ANY THIRD PARTY, OR (E) LOSS OF INFORMATION OR DATA. IN NO EVENT WILL BUILDINGSQUAD’S TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES OR CAUSES OF ACTION EXCEED THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID BUILDINGSQUAD IN THE LAST SIX (6) MONTHS, OR, IF GREATER, ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100).
- BUILDINGSQUAD FURTHER DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND SITE CONTENT. YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND SITE CONTENT IS AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY RESULTING LOSS OR DAMAGE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY LOSS OF DATA OR DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER FROM VIRUSES THAT MAY BE DOWNLOADED TO YOUR COMPUTER IN THE COURSE OF USING THE SITE.
- BUILDINGSQUAD ALSO DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE ARISING OUT OF YOUR COMMUNICATIONS OR DEALINGS WITH ANY OF THE BUSINESSES, ADVERTISERS, OR USERS ON THE SITE. YOUR COMMUNICATIONS OR DEALINGS WITH SUCH BUSINESSES, ADVERTISERS, AND USERS ARE SOLELY BETWEEN YOU AND THEM, THOUGH BUILDINGSQUAD RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MONITOR DISPUTES BETWEEN YOU AND THEM.
- YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE RIGHT AND REMEDY IN CASE OF DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SITE OR ANY OTHER GRIEVANCE SHALL BE YOUR TERMINATION AND DISCONTINUATION OF ACCESS TO, OR USE OF THE SITE.
- IF YOU ARE A USER FROM NEW JERSEY, THE FOREGOING SECTIONS TITLED "DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES" AND "LIMITATION OF LIABILITY" ARE INTENDED TO BE ONLY AS BROAD AS IS PERMITTED UNDER THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW JERSEY. IF ANY PORTION OF THESE SECTIONS IS HELD TO BE INVALID UNDER THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW JERSEY, THE INVALIDITY OF SUCH PORTION SHALL NOT AFFECT THE VALIDITY OF THE REMAINING PORTIONS OF THE APPLICABLE SECTIONS.
You agree to indemnify and hold BuildingSquad, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, any related companies, suppliers, licensors and partners, and the officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each of them harmless, including costs, liabilities and legal fees, from any claim or demand made by any third party due to or arising out of (i) your access to or use of the Services, (ii) your violation of the Terms of Service, or (iii) the infringement by you, or any third party using your account, of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity. BuildingSquad reserves the right, at your expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter for which you are required to indemnify us and you agree to cooperate with our defense of these claims. You agree not to settle any matter without the prior written consent of BuildingSquad. BuildingSquad will use reasonable efforts to notify you of any such claim, action or proceeding upon becoming aware of it.
CONSENT: BY SUBMITTING YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION TO BUILDINGSQUAD, YOU ARE REQUESTING TO BE (AND YOU EXPRESSLY CONSENT TO BE) CONTACTED BY BUILDINGSQUAD, ITS PARTNERS, THE CONTRACTORS REGISTERED ON BUILDINGSQUAD, THE PROJECT OWNERS REGISTERED ON BUILDINGSQUAD, AND COMPANIES THAT RECEIVE YOUR PROJECT THROUGH ANY OF THE CONTACT MEANS (PHONE, TEXT MESSAGE, EMAIL, OR MAIL) YOU HAVE PROVIDED. YOU ALSO EXPRESSLY CONSENT TO BE CONTACTED BY SOME OR ALL OF THESE BUSINESSES BY PHONE, E-MAIL, TEXT OR SMS MESSAGING AT THE NUMBER OR EMAIL ADDRESS YOU HAVE PROVIDED, INCLUDING CALLS OR TEXT MESSAGES MADE USING AN AUTOMATED TELEPHONE DIALING SYSTEM OR USING AN ARTIFICIAL OR PRERECORDED MESSAGE, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER THE NUMBER(S) PROVIDED ARE ON AN CORPORATE, STATE, OR NATIONAL DO NOT CALL LIST OR REGISTRY. YOU ALSO EXPRESSLY CONSENT TO THE RECORDING OF ALL PHONE CALLS BETWEEN YOU AND BUILDINGSQUAD, THE CONTRACTORS REGISTERED ON BUILDINGSQUAD, OR THE PROJECT OWNERS REGISTERED ON BUILDINGSQUAD. YOUR PROVISION OF SUCH CONSENT IS NOT A CONDITION OF ANY PURCHASE OR SERVICES.
Analyzing Your Communications
We may review, scan, or analyze your communications on the BuildingSquad Platform, including all text messages and phone calls between you and BuildingSquad, the contractors on BuildingSquad, and the project owners on BuildingSquad, for fraud prevention, risk assessment, regulatory compliance, investigation, product development, research, and customer support purposes. For example, as part of our fraud prevention efforts, we scan and analyze messages to mask or alter contact information and references to other websites. In some cases, we may also scan, review, or analyze messages and phone call recordings to debug, improve, and expand product offerings. We use automated methods where reasonably possible. However, occasionally we may need to manually review some communications, such as for fraud investigations and customer support, or to assess and improve the functionality of these automated tools. We will not review, scan, or analyze your communications to send third party marketing messages to you, and we will not sell reviews or analyses of these communications.
Dispute Resolution By Binding Arbitration
PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY AS IT AFFECTS YOUR RIGHTS.
This Section is referred to in this Terms of Service as the “Arbitration Agreement.” You agree that any and all disputes or claims that have arisen or may arise between you and BuildingSquad, whether arising out of or relating to these Terms of Service (including any alleged breach thereof), the Services, any advertising or any aspect of the relationship or transactions between you and BuildingSquad, shall be resolved exclusively through final and binding arbitration, rather than a court, in accordance with the terms of this Arbitration Agreement, except that you may assert individual claims in small claims court, if your claims qualify. Further, this Arbitration Agreement does not preclude you from bringing issues to the attention of federal, state, or local agencies, and such agencies can, if the law allows, seek relief against us on your behalf. You agree that, by entering into this Terms of Service, you and BuildingSquad are each waiving the right to a trial by jury or to participate in a class action. Your rights will be determined by a neutral arbitrator, not a judge or jury. The Federal Arbitration Act governs the interpretation and enforcement of this Arbitration Agreement.
- "PROHIBITION OF CLASS AND REPRESENTATIVE ACTIONS AND NON-INDIVIDUALIZED RELIEF"
YOU AND BUILDINGSQUAD AGREE THAT EACH OF US MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION OR PROCEEDING. UNLESS BOTH YOU AND BUILDINGSQUAD AGREE OTHERWISE, THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE OR JOIN MORE THAN ONE PERSON’S OR PARTY’S CLAIMS AND MAY NOT OTHERWISE PRESIDE OVER ANY FORM OF A CONSOLIDATED, REPRESENTATIVE, OR CLASS PROCEEDING. ALSO, THE ARBITRATOR MAY AWARD RELIEF (INCLUDING MONETARY, INJUNCTIVE, AND DECLARATORY RELIEF) ONLY IN FAVOR OF THE INDIVIDUAL PARTY SEEKING RELIEF AND ONLY TO THE EXTENT NECESSARY TO PROVIDE RELIEF NECESSITATED BY THAT PARTY’S INDIVIDUAL CLAIM(S).
- "PRE-ARBITRATION DISPUTE RESOLUTION"
BuildingSquad is always interested in resolving disputes amicably and efficiently, and most customer concerns can be resolved quickly and to the customer’s satisfaction by emailing customer support at info@BuildingSquad.com. If such efforts prove unsuccessful, a party who intends to seek arbitration must first send to the other, by certified mail, a written Notice of Dispute (“Notice”). The Notice must (i) describe the nature and basis of the claim or dispute and (ii) set forth the specific relief sought. If BuildingSquad and you do not resolve the claim within sixty (60) calendar days after the Notice is received, you or BuildingSquad may commence an arbitration proceeding. During the arbitration, the amount of any settlement offer made by BuildingSquad or you shall not be disclosed to the arbitrator until after the arbitrator determines the amount, if any, to which you or BuildingSquad is entitled.
All aspects of the arbitration proceeding, and any ruling, decision, or award by the arbitrator, will be strictly confidential for the benefit of all parties.
Without limiting the severability provision in Section 5 of the section titled “Miscellaneous” below, if a court or the arbitrator decides that any term or provision of this Arbitration Agreement other than paragraph b. above (Prohibition of Class and Representative Actions and Non-Individualized Relief) is invalid or unenforceable, the parties agree to replace such term or provision with a term or provision that is valid and enforceable and that comes closest to expressing the intention of the invalid or unenforceable term or provision, and this Arbitration Agreement shall be enforceable as so modified. If a court or the arbitrator decides that any of the provisions of such paragraph b. above is invalid or unenforceable, then the entirety of this Arbitration Agreement shall be null and void. The remainder of these Terms of Service will continue to apply.
- "FUTURE CHANGES TO ARBITRATION AGREEMENT"
Notwithstanding any provision in this Terms of Service to the contrary, BuildingSquad agrees that if it makes any future change to this Arbitration Agreement (other than a change to the Notice Address) while you are a user of the Services, you may reject any such change by sending BuildingSquad written notice within thirty (30) calendar days of the change to the Notice Address provided above. By rejecting any future change, you are agreeing that you will arbitrate any dispute between us in accordance with the language of this Arbitration Agreement as of the date you first accepted these Terms of Service (or accepted any subsequent changes to these Terms of Service).
- By registering for the Services or submitting Content, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. If you are entering into this agreement on behalf of a company or other legal entity, you represent that you have the authority to bind such entity to these terms and conditions. Should you violate these terms and conditions or any other rights of BuildingSquad, BuildingSquad reserves the right to pursue any and all legal and equitable remedies against you, including, without limitation, terminating any and all user accounts.
- You are responsible for all activity occurring under your account and shall abide by all applicable local, state, national and foreign laws, treaties and regulations in connection with your use of the Services. Your obligations shall be binding on your heirs, successors and assigns.
- This Agreement shall be governed by and construed under the laws of India exclusive of its conflict of laws provisions. With respect to any disputes or claims not subject to arbitration, as set forth above, any suit hereunder will be brought in the federal courts in the Northern District of California or state courts located in San Francisco, California, and you submit to the personal jurisdiction thereof, consent to venue in such courts and waive any objection as to inconvenient forum. The parties agree that the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods shall not apply to this Agreement.
- These Terms of Service constitute the entire agreement between you and BuildingSquad and govern your use of the Services, superseding any prior agreements between you and BuildingSquad with respect to the Services. The failure of BuildingSquad to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms of Service will not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of these Terms of Service is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties’ intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of these Terms of Service remain in full force and effect. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of the Services or these Terms of Service must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred. A printed version of this agreement and of any notice given in electronic form will be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to this agreement to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form. You may not assign these Terms of Service without the prior written consent of BuildingSquad, but BuildingSquad may assign or transfer this Terms of Service, in whole or in part, without restriction. Notices to you may be made via either email or regular mail. The Services may also provide notices to you of changes to these Terms of Service or other matters by displaying notices or links to notices generally on the Services.